Urge Incontinence Treatment
Suffering from incontinence doesn't have to ruin your life.
- Do you have the urge to urinate suddenly?
- Have you been waking up multiple times throughout the night?
- Do you experience fecal/bowel incontinence?
Axonics Sacral Neuromodular Therapy may be your answer!I want a treatment plan that will work for my incontinence
What is Axonics Sacral Neuromodular Therapy?
Axonics Therapy is a clinically proven solution for treating symptoms of overactive bladder (including urinary urgency incontinence), bowel (fecal) incontinence, and urinary retention.
- Outpatient Procedure
- Minimally Invasive
- Majority of patients only require Ibuprofen or Tylenol postop
- MRI safe
- New rechargable bettery technology could last a lifetime
If you are suffering from urinary or fecal incontinence, you may think that there isn't anything you can do besides taking medication that may have unwanted side effects; however, there are other treatment options.
At Urology Institute of Southern Illinois, Dr. Hatchett offers a procedure that can solve your incontinence without the need for medication or major surgery. It is the Axonics Sacral Neuromodulation Therapy which is an FDA-approved, minimally invasive technology that that emits a signal that gently stimulates the nerves that control the bladder or pelvic muscles.
How does it work?
Axonics Therapy provides gentle stimulation to the nerves that control the bladder and bowel, which can restore normal control and result in symptom improvement.
The Evaluation Step: To see if Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will undergo a short period of therapy using a temporary system. The evaluation period allows you to experience the level of relief the therapy may provide before you commit to it long-term.
Long-term Therapy: If you and your doctor determine that Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will have an outpatient procedure where the miniaturized Axonics implant is placed just beneath the skin in the upper part of your buttock.
Am I a good candidate?
It is up to you and your healthcare provider to determine if you are a good candidate for Axonics Therapy which is an approved treatment for patients suffering from:
- Overactive bladder (OAB) - the urgent need to urinate which may result in frequent urination and/or incontinence (leakage) episodes
- Urinary frequency - the need to urinate 8 or more times a day, which may or may not be associated with urgency
- Fecal (bowel) incontinence – involuntary loss of stool which may or may not be associated with urgency
- Non-obstructive urinary retention (UR) – the inability to empty the bladder which may result in trouble urinating or frequent small voids
Axonics Therapy is also indicated for patients who have failed conservative treatments, such as lifestyle changes, physical therapy, or medications.What are the benefits of Axonics Therapy?
Urge or Fecal Incontinence doesn't have to be a problem.
If you are suffering from an overactive bladder, you don't have to give up on the things you love in life. At Dr. Lawrence Hatchett Urology, we can diagnose the cause of your OAB and offer treatment options that best fit your needs.
Important Safety Information:
Implantation and use of the Axonics System incur risks beyond those normally associated with surgery, some of which may necessitate surgical intervention. Results and experiences may vary and are unique to each patient. No promise or guarantee is made about specific results or experiences. Talk to your doctor about whether the Axonics System is right for you and to discuss the potential risks and benefits. For more information about safety and potential risks, go to: www.Axonics ®.com/isi.Caution: Federal law (USA) restricts this device to sale and use by, or on the order of, a physician.
- Company data on file, ARTISAN·SNM Clinical Study (NCT03327948)
- Company data on file, RELAX·OAB Clinical Study (NCT02620410)
Dr. Lawrence Hatchett is here to serve you online, after hours, and weekends as your concierge urologic surgeon.
Check out the links below for more information