Female testosterone/hormone replacement
Low hormones can make you feel less like yourself
We sometimes forget there are three hormones produced by a woman’s ovaries.
Testosterone replacement for a woman is tremendously misunderstood, but the field of functional medicine has really led the way in the best way to replace a woman’s hormones as she ages.
There are so many misconceptions about testosterone replacement. When taken in the proper dose, testosterone:
- Does not deepen a woman’s voice
- Does not cause hair thinning (except in about 5% of women. This can be remedied by lowering the dose)
- Does not cause a woman to become masculine
- Rarely causes acne in a therapeutic dosing range
- Does not increase the risk of breast cancer
- Does not increase the risk of uterine cancer
- Does not increase the risk of cardiovascular disease
- Does not increase the risk of thromboembolic events such as a stroke or heart attack
What to know when discussing hormone replacement with your doctor
It’s important to know what stage of life you are in when getting treatment because the treatments may differ. It’s important to find out if you’re:
- Early Perimenopausal
- Late Perimenopausal
- Early Postmenopausal
- Late Postmenopausal
Another major important thing to tell your doctor is whether or not you’re post hysterectomy.
Once your doctor has evaluated your stage of life and hysterectomy status, they will be able to work out a treatment plan for maximum benefit and safety.
Benefits of testosterone replacement for women
- Improves energy and cognitive function
- Increases sex drive
- Can help with type-2 diabetes and weight loss
- Improves bone health and decreases the risk of osteoporosis
- Decreases the incidence of breast cancer and can improve the survivability of breast cancer
- It decreases cardiovascular disease because testosterone is an antioxidant along with an anti-inflammatory and vasodilator.
- Decreases the risk of dying from cardiovascular disease
- Improves estradiol health
- Makes you feel better, gives you more energy, and increases the overall feeling of wellness
Pellet Therapy: The best delivery system for female hormone replacement
We believe that testosterone pellet therapy is the best testosterone treatment for many reasons:
- A five-minute procedure in the office to insert one pellet with the appropriate testosterone dose every 3 to 4 months is all it takes.
- You can avoid the need to apply testosterone cream on a daily basis
- It’s less hassle than using an oral testosterone lozenge sublingually
- It gives you a sense of freedom to go throughout your daily life and not have to worry about applying testosterone or injecting testosterone.
We will monitor all of your hormones
We monitor all of our patients closely looking at estradiol, progesterone, and testosterone.
The benefits of estradiol replacement
- Improve bone health
- Improve cardiovascular health
- Improve vaginal moisture
- Improve vasomotor symptoms such as hot flashes and night sweats
Are you frustrated with your symptoms?
Are you fed up with telling your doctor about symptoms like:
- Low energy
- Decreased sex drive
- Weight gain
- Decreased sexual pleasure
- “Brain fog”
If you keep telling your doctor over and over again and they still haven’t done a full hormone panel, it’s time to schedule with Dr. Hatchett.
Start living your life again.